Airbnb has launched its Trips platform in Dublin, adding Experiences to the thousands of homes available for booking. Dublin Experiences offer a chance for people to enjoy a different side of the city, and for locals to share their passions and interests with Irish and international visitors alike. The news was announced today by Airbnb’s Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Mildenhall at Oscailte, the company’s annual gathering of Irish hosts at the Airbnb Dublin office on Hanover Quay.
The most significant development in Airbnb’s eight-year history, Trips is a people-powered platform that brings together where you stay, what you do, and the people you meet all in one place. Dublin is the 28th city to expand into Trips, with more set to launch worldwide before the end of the year. For visitors, Trips is a way to immerse themselves in communities through the eyes of locals. For cities, Trips can help to diversify tourism away from busy city centers and also allows local people to participate and benefit from tourism by sharing their interests and passions, while enabling them to make a little extra money.
Starting today, visitors and locals can choose from over 20 Dublin-based Experiences, bookable through the Trips platform and designed and led by local experts. Highlights include exploring Dublin’s historic neighborhoods, learning how to brew artisanal beer and trawling through the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin.
We want to make travel magical again by immersing curious visitors in local communities and offering them the opportunity to see the true character of a city through the eyes of the people who live there. Experiences are also a great way for locals to meet new people, learn a new skill or see their own cities with a fresh pair of eyes.
Jonathan Mildenhall, Airbnb CMO
In Dublin, Experiences you can book today cover most popular passion points across music, art, nightlife, food and outdoors:
- Explore Dublin’s historic neighborhoods and hidden gems, and sample Artisan products from cookie companies, freshly baked breads and the most delicious sausage rolls in Dublin
- Join the ultimate walking tour of historic queer Dublin hosted by an activist and historian, as he explores the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin
- Get a unique behind the scenes perspective on the workings of the Abbey Theatre costume department. After a backstage adventure, you’ll gain unprecedented access from the Head of Costume, who will talk you through her costume design process, allowing you unique access to sketchbooks, costume fitting pictures and the finished product
- Step inside a food styling workshop where you’ll learn to shoot from the best angles with light and shadow tips from a renowned international food stylist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the Irish food scene
- Gain insider access into the Dublin folk scene and local music pubs with a local musician
Questions, comments, or other inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.